To provide a thorough understanding of the basic principles of manual Bookkeeping, Computerised Bookkeeping and Microsoft Office products. This mix of skills is fundamental to being able to function in an Accounts Department.
Tutor led two-day course that ends with an assessment. You can opt to take the assessment at a later date or not take the assessment, if preferred. This course is CPD accredited. The course is highly practical and work simulated to ensure that the learner gains the most from the course. The Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel Training are online elements to be taken after the live course. You can opt to take these parts of the course at our centre if you prefer.
Invoicing and Basic Bookkeeping entries:
- The completion of financial documents such as invoices and credit notes
- The recording of cash and credit transactions
- Practical explanation of double entry system
- Posting of ledgers and relevance of T accounts
- The preparing and balancing of a bank reconciliation
- Petty Cash
Introduction to Accounting
- Year end adjustments including accruals, depreciation, pre-payments etc.
Trial Balances and Financial Statements
- Preparing a trial balance from raw data
- Extended trial balances and year end adjustments.
- The creation of straightforward Profit & Loss and Balance sheet reports from trial balance.
Microsoft Excel Training Course
For full details of this course CLICK HERE
SAGE Line 50 Course (computerised accounting)
The course teaches the fundaments of Bookkeeping by explaining the underlying principles. There is clear explanation how this knowledge is applied when performing Computerised Bookkeeping This course enables people in accounts, to understand their job rather than merely ‘follow procedures.’ This will help them progress and, indeed, excel over time. There is a supplement for computerised Bookkeeping as an option.
Dates and Duration
Two-day course from 10:30 to 16:30 with an exam to be completed after or at a later date after revision and practice. Online Sage Training to be completed in your own time. Microsoft Excel Training to be completed on a flexi-hours basis; the assessment must be completed within 3 months of starting the MS training.
A variety of delegates including;
- Those who work in Finance and need to develop their skills through formal training. Numerous organisations have developed the skills of their staff through this intensive training programme
- People in non-Finance jobs who need to understand Finance to deliver elements of their job
- Jobseekers who need skills and a certificate to get their dream job in Finance.
- An understanding of the underlying building blocks of Finance
- Ability to apply for entry level Financial jobs and pursue further training at higher level in Finance
- CPD Certificate in Bookkeeping is issued upon completion.
- Full CPD Certification after successful completion.
- The CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is an professional training organisation that accredits high quality courses. It is required by many professional bodies for Lawyers, Accountants and much more.
- This means that not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are often required for certain industries. The value of a CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your career / job prospects.