Microsoft Excel is a key part of many office roles; it is particularly important to jobs with an element of finance, accounts or bookkeeping. However, many admin, PA, sales staff and other roles require proficient skills in Excel. Many employers will test their new employees on their level of Excel skills and will not hire staff who fail their tests.
Beginner Excel Course
Students gain foundation-level skills in Excel. We have partnered with a Microsoft Office Academy. This ensures that we deliver all training to the highest level. The Excel Training Course is also CPD Accredited, so CPD Certification is issued on completion of the training.
This course covers the beginner level. The course lasts for six months but can be completed earlier. It can be taken as an online training programme anywhere and at any time. The course is delivered via virtual tutor on a live server. This is a state-of-the-art and interactive way to learn. The virtual tutors deliver the lesson, provide exercises and give feedback and corrections to the learner.
Language of training
Available in Dutch or English.
Excel Training Course Course Content
Getting Started with Excel
- Basic within new workbooks and an overview of the functionalities of Excel
- Formatting in an Excel Workbook
- Copying, cutting, pasting and other formatting issues in Excel
- Formatting font; formatting cells; borders; colours, highlighting
Calculations in Excel
- Set out your first Excel calculation and enter a calculation formula
- Reproducing data in adjacent cells
- Calculating a sum and other basic functions
Increase your efficiency as an Excel user
- Simple numerical formats and checking to spell
- Inserting/deleting/moving rows, columns and cells
- Find and replace
- Copying to non-adjacent cells; how to merge cells; change cell style; change cell content orientation.
Print an attractive document
- Page layout; print preview and printing
- Repeating row/column headings on printed pages, headers and footers; hiding sheet elements.
- Manipulating your Workbook
- Page breaks and print area
Introduction to tables
- Sort data, customise the presentation, copy formatting, and work with an automatic date.
- Subtotal rows; advanced filtering options
- Date formats
- Splitting the window, freezing a column/row
- Tables and Charts
You can also purchase this course and the Intermediate module for a €50 supplement.
Dates and Duration
The course lasts for six months but can be completed earlier. It can be taken online from anywhere.
No set requirement. It starts from Beginner Level. If you are more advanced, please go to our Intermediate Excel Course.
- Senior Microsoft trainers write training in a Microsoft Certified Academy
- Live server with Virtual Tutor enables learners to receive instruction and corrections as if they have a personal tutor.
- CPD Certificate in Excel issued upon successful completion
- The training is highly practical, with numerous exercises to ensure that you remember these details
- The opportunity to apply Excel to your work and improve your efficiency
You will be issued a CPD Accredited Certificate in Beginner Level Excel.