Microsoft Excel is a key part of many office roles; it is particularly important to jobs with an element of finance, accounts or bookkeeping. However, many admin, PA, sales staff and other roles require proficient skills in Excel. Many employers will test their new employees on their level of Excel skills and will not hire staff who fail their tests.
Intermediate Excel Course
Students gain intermediate-level skills in Excel. We have partnered with a Microsoft Office Academy. This ensures that we deliver all training to the highest level. The Excel Training Course is also CPD Accredited, so CPD Certification is issued on completion of the training.
This course covers the intermediate level. The course lasts for six months but can be completed earlier. As an online training programme, it can be taken anywhere and at any time. The course is delivered via virtual tutor on a live server. This is a state-of-the-art and interactive way to learn. The virtual tutors deliver the lesson, provide exercises and provide feedback and corrections to the learner.
Language of training
Available in Dutch or English.
Excel Training Course Course Content
Increase your efficiency in Excel
- Microsoft Excel Help
- Checking to spell, find and replace
- Inserting/deleting rows, columns and cells
- Moving cells, copying to non-adjacent cells
- Cell styles
- Sorting data
- Copying cell format quickly, merging cells, the orientation of cell content
Multiple worksheets and various views
- Sheet name, tab colour, inserting, deleting sheets
- Splitting the window, freezing a column/row, hiding elements of a sheet
- Repeating rows/columns on printed pages
- Sheet background
- Moving, copying, hiding sheets
More complex Excel Tables, Formulas and Functions
- Merging and Wrapping text
- Absolute reference in a formula
- Simple conditions
- Custom formats
- Applying, and managing conditional formats
- Naming a range of cells
- Validation rules
- Copying values, copying with a link, transposing
- Calculating with functions
- Control date, date formats
- Multiple cell ranges and calculations in functions
Charts in Excel to present data
- Creating and managing a chart
- Selecting, adding and removing items in a chart
- Formatting chart items
- Sparklines in Charts
- Modifying a chart’s text items
- Printing and page layout of a chart
- Managing chart options, data series, labels and axes
Visuals in Excel
- Modifying a text box
- Creating a drawing object
- Selecting and deleting objects
- Copying and moving objects
- Resizing a drawing object
- Modifying a drawing
- Formatting drawing objects
- Inserting a picture
- Managing pictures
- Rotating and aligning objects
- Stacking and grouping objects
Database functionality with an Excel table
- Subtotal rows
- Automatic calculations in a table
- Automatic filtering
- Criteria ranges
- Copying rows filtered using a criteria range
- Statistics with a criteria range
- Flash Fill
- Custom filters
- Blank cells and duplicates
- Advanced filtering with a criteria range
You can also purchase this course with the Beginner Excel Course or Advanced module for a €50 supplement.
Dates and Duration
The course lasts for six months but can be completed earlier. It can be taken online from anywhere.
You need to have Beginner Level Excel Skills; if you do not have these skills, please take the Beginner Level Course first.
- Senior Microsoft trainers write training in a Microsoft Certified Academy.
- Live server with Virtual Tutor enables learners to receive instruction and corrections as if they have a personal tutor.
- CPD Certificate in Excel issued upon successful completion
- The training is highly practical, with numerous exercises to ensure that you remember these details
- The opportunity to apply Excel to your work and improve your efficiency
Souters will issue a CPD Accredited Certificate in Intermediate Level Excel.