Microsoft Excel is a key part of many office roles; it is particularly important to jobs with an element of finance, accounts or bookkeeping. However, many admin, PA, sales staff and numerous other roles require Proficient level skills in Excel. Many employers will test their new employees on their level of Excel skills and will not hire staff who fail their tests.
Beginner Level Excel Training Course
Students gain foundation level skills in Excel. Souters is a Microsoft Office Academy. This ensures that we deliver all training to the highest level. The Excel Training Course is also CPD Accredited, so CPD Certification is issued on completion of the training.
This course covers the beginner level. The course lasts for six months, but can be completed earlier. As an online training programme, it can be taken anywhere and at any time. The course is delivered via virtual tutor, on a live server. This is a state of the art and interactive way to learn. The virtual tutors delivers lesson, provides exercises and provides feedback and corrections to the learner.
Language of training
Available in Dutch or English.
Excel Training Course Course Content
Getting Started with Excel
- Basic within new workbooks and an overview of the functionalities of Excel
- Formatting in an Excel Workbook
- Copying, cutting, pasting and other formatting issues in Excel
- Formatting font; formatting cells; borders; colours, highlighting
Calculations in Excel
- Set out your first Excel calculation and entering a calculation formula
- Reproducing data in adjacent cells
- Calculating a sum and other basic functions
Increase your efficiency as an Excel user
- Simple numerical formats and checking spelling
- Inserting/deleting/moving rows, columns and cells
- Find and replace
- Copying to non-adjacent cells; how to merge cells; change cell style; change the orientation of cell content
Print an attractive document
- Page layout; print preview and printing
- Repeating row/column headings on printed pages; headers and footers; hiding elements of a sheet
- Manipulating your Workbook
- Page breaks and print area
Introduction to tables
- Sort data, customise the presentation, copy formatting, and work with automatic date.
- Subtotal rows; advanced filtering options
- Date formats
- Splitting the window, freezing a column/row
- Tables and Charts
You can also purchase this course together with the Intermediate module for a €50 supplement.
Dates and Duration
The course lasts for six months, but can be completed earlier. It can be taken online from anywhere.
No set requirement it starts from Beginner Level.
- Training written by senior Microsoft trainers in a Microsoft Certified Academy
- Live server with Virtual Tutor enables learner to receive instruction and corrections, as if they have a personal tutor
- CPD Certificate in Excel issued upon successful completion
- The training is highly practical with numerous exercise to ensure that you remember these details
- The opportunity to apply Excel to your work and improve your efficiency
Souters will issue a CPD Accredited Certificate in Beginner Level Excel.