Finance for Non-Financial Managers Course Objectives
- To provide a clear insight into the fundamentals of finance and explain procedures.
- Gain the confidence to understand and use financial terminologies at work.
- To understand how to interpret financial reports such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, Cash-flow statements and more.
- To understand how to evaluate key financial reports and use the information to make confident business decisions.
- To understand financial KPIs and how they are relevant to your business
- To be understand how to appraise investments, control cost and drive profits using financial information.
Tutor led two-day course led by a qualified financial professional. The course is delivered in a Virtual Classroom.
- The profit and loss account (income statement) and the balance sheet
- Cash-flow Statement
- Fixed Assets and CAPEX
- Financial KPIs
- Key financial ratios
- Financial analysis of real company accounts
- Understanding the business position of a company looking at their accounts
- Management of liquidity and why it is so important
- The importance of cash-flow control
- Cost control and management; categorisation of costs
- Profit margin and revenue generation improvements
- Financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and the other forms of financial business planning
- Achieve business targets through deployment of financial data.
All of the training is delivered in English and is based around international accounting standards.
The London based versions of the course can be seen here: Courses in London.
Anyone who is interested in Group bookings or corporate training, we can offer this course at your location / virtually on a bespoke basis.
Dates and Duration
Two day course from 10:30 to 16:30.
Who should join
People with a need to have a closer understanding of finance. You do not need any financial background to do this course. The basics of finance are explained at the outset of the course. Its main aim is to enable people with limited or no financial background to be able to grasp financial concepts and use this knowledge to assist them in their roles.
- Clear practical insight into financial issues.
- Develop Financial English skills
- Develop practical skills in Finance to interpret and understand Financial information
- Use real company accounts to develop real knowledge of finance
- Confidence to make business decision from financial information