Finance for Non-Financial Managers Course Objectives
- To provide a clear insight into the fundamentals of finance and explain procedures.
- To provide an understanding of how to interpret financial reports such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, Cash-flow statements and more.
- To understand how to evaluate key financial reports and use the information to make confident business decisions.
- To understand financial KPIs and how they are relevant to your business
- To be understand how to appraise investments, control cost and drive profits using financial information.
Tutor led two-day course led by a qualified financial professional.
- The profit and loss account (income statement) and the balance sheet
- Cash-flow Statement
- Fixed Assets and how to manage them
- Financial KPIs
- Key financial ratios
- Ratio analysis to real company accounts in practical terms
- Management of working capital and the importance of liquidity
- The importance of liquidity and cash-flow control
- Cost control and management; categorisation of costs
- Trading margin and revenue generation improvements
- What is break even analysis and other forms of business planning
- How your business plans capital investment; assessment methods.
- Achieve business targets through deployment of financial data.
All of the training is delivered in English and is based around international accounting standards.
The London based versions of the course can be seen here: Courses in London
Dates and Duration
Two day course from 10:30 to 16:30.
Who should join
People with a need to have a closer understanding of finance. You do not need any financial background to do this course. The basics of finance are explained at the outset of the course. Its main aim is to enable people with limited or no financial background to be able to grasp financial concepts and use this knowledge to assist them in their roles.
- Clear practical insight into financial issues.
- Develop Financial English skills
- Develop practical skills in Finance to interpret and understand Financial information
- Use real company accounts to develop real knowledge of finance
- Confidence to make business decision from financial information