To provide a thorough and clear understanding of the basic principles of Bookkeeping and Finance.
Tutor led two day course with an assessment to be completed at a later date, after the delegates have done revision and practical exercises.
Invoicing and Basic Bookkeeping entries
- The completion of financial documents such as invoices and credit notes
- The recording of cash and credit transactions
- Practical explanation of double entry system
- Posting of ledgers and relevance of T accounts
- The preparing and balancing of a bank reconciliation
- Petty Cash
Introduction to Accounting
- Year end adjustments including accruals, depreciation, pre-payments etc.
Trial Balances and Financial Statements
- Preparing a trial balance from raw data
- Extended trial balances and year end adjustments
- The creation of straightforward Profit & Loss and Balance sheet reports from trial balance
The course teaches the fundaments of Bookkeeping by explaining the underlying principles. The course will explain how this knowledge is applied when performing computerised Bookkeeping and offers a supplement in computerised Bookkeeping as an option. This enables people working in accounts to understand their job rather than merely ‘follow procedures’, which can help them progress and, indeed, excel over time.
The course is delivered in English and international standards for finance are used.
Dates and Duration
Two day course 10:30 to 16:30 with an exam to be completed at a near later date after revision and practice.
A variety of delegates including;
- Those who work in Finance and need to develop their skills through formal training. Numerous organisations have developed the skills of their staff through this intensive training program
- People in non-Finance jobs who need to understand Fiannce to deliver elements of their job
- Jobseekers who need skills and a certificate to get their dream job in Finance.
- Practical skills in Finance
- Understanding in Bookkeeping and Financial concepts and systems
- Ability to apply for entry level financial jobs and pursue further training at higher level in Finance
- CPD Certificate in Bookkeeping is issued upon completion
Full CPD Certification after successful completion.
The CPD is also known as Continuing Professional Development. This form of accredited training is required by many professional bodies for Lawyers, Accountants and much more.
This means that not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe, but they are often required for certain industries. This means that the value of a CPD accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects.