Our Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course is accredited by the IEAA. It is an ideal course for Executive Assistants and other administrative professionals who are looking to advance their careers. The course provides an insight into the mix of skills and techniques required to work in Project Management. There is a focus on assisting an Executive Assistant, Office Manager and other admin staff adapting their skills to work in Project Management.
Project Management for an Executive Assistant Course
Virtual Classroom format workshop. This is delivered online with an experienced tutor delivering it. It has a high level of interactive and practical exercises. All training is in English and attendees come from across Europe. You will be able to fully interact with the tutor and other attendees.
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- 7S Model for building a Project plan and team
- What is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management?
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real-life project situations and how to deal with them.
- Closing off and Post completion audit.
Dates and Duration
The course will be delivered in a Virtual Classroom from 11:30 to 17:30 in a one day workshop, by an experienced PM trainer. We can offer group bookings and bespoke courses at client locations on request or in virtual classrooms.
Who is it for?
Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Project Assistants and any other admin role looking for a project focused career. The level can suit both beginners and people with experience in projects.
This programme can be taken as a part of the Executive Assistant Diploma.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how best to maximise the numerous transferable skills from their careers as PAs, EAs or Office Managers. This will increase the confidence base of the course participants, in order to successfully work efficiently in Projects.
A mix of soft skills and technical project skills will be gained in order to enable delegates to work effectively in a Project environment. The course is highly practical and focuses on how to work in a real-world situation, which is a stark contrast to other Project courses that focus on terminologies and models primarily.
- An understanding of the key transferrable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager.
- How to redesign your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles.
- Understand the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects.
- Learn the project terminologies and project planning techniques.
- An overview of key Project Management Models (including the PMI, PMP, Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2 and more).
- Recognise the pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to deal with them
- The importance of planning control and the use of appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- Methods of planning.
- Practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.