The one-day Minute Taking Course provides a systematic approach to taking minutes. You will learn the preparation techniques, how to effectively manage your role in the meeting, the note-taking methods and how to write your minutes. Minute Taking is not the easiest skill to master but fundamental to a range of roles. The course will include learning the techniques followed by a practical workshop that will cement your knowledge.
Minute Taking Course in Virtual Classroom
The course develops the skills needed to understand and research the subject(s) of a meeting, to also identify the key points and record them accurately; to prepare and deliver notes which are to the point and clearly understandable; to create the necessary templates for formal minute preparation (templates provided on course).
The Course is a one day workshop. It is highly interactive and will combine some tutor-led instructions with numerous practical examples. The course is delivered in a Virtual Classroom environment.
- Types of minutes and writing styles available.
- Chairperson’s duties and responsibilities of the minute taker.
- Establishing good working rapport with the Chair.
- Creating an agenda – where to start and what other people will expect.
- Practical application of the agenda.
- Note-taking – practical exercises; Sorting information effectively and knowing what is important.
- What is a good set of minutes; Re-writing poor minutes; Bad minutes – feedback session.
- Overcoming the passive voice; correct tone and professional language; questions and answers with our experienced trainer.
Minute Taking Course
Dates and Duration
One day intensive course in a virtual classroom delivered by an experienced Minute Taker. The course runs from 11:30 to 17:30.
The Minute Taking Course is IEAA Accredited. The IEAA is a professional qualification body that offers qualifications to Administrative professionals.
- A clear understanding of the minute-taker’s role.
- Checklist of what should be included in minutes; accurate, brief and clear minutes.
- Understanding the important dynamics between the minute-taker and the chair.
- Listening techniques to enhance concentration
- IEAA Certificate for Minute Taking
- Gain a professional qualification to build your career