To provide a fast track understanding of the budgeting process.
The course is designed and delivered in a workshop environment by an experienced Chartered Accountant and Financial Analyst.
The course is interactive and encourages learning through practical exercises.
- Define a budget
- Cost budgets
- Financial Terminologies
- Define each element: Income vs expenditure, capital expenditure, cash flow forecasts etc.
- Developing budgets for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- The principles of budgets
- What are the benefits of a good budget practice
- Different types of budgets and varying styles
- Practical exercise defining and preparing profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Coordinating and bringing your budget together
- Planning and preparation of your budget
- Accounting adjustments to be aware of; stock, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Ascertain expenditure and variances
- Explaining variances
- Cash flow and working capital cycles
- Profit margin ratios
- How to forecast financing cost
- How to forecast cash-flow
- Justifying your business reason for the budget
The next course start date can be found as an option in the booking area of this page. The course runs from 10:30 to 16:30 for one day.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideal for someone whose job involves managing a budget.
It does not assume a background in Finance, so people from outside of Finance and people who work in Finance can both find this course beneficial.